The Liver/ Hepatic Function Panel will measure seven tests in your blood to see how well your liver is working. If you’re suffering from symptoms related to liver disease or if you regularly take medicine, which can affect the liver. This test is also recommended if you’ve been exposed to a Hepatitis A, B, or C virus.
This panel includes the following test:
Liver enzymes tests (ALP/ ALT/ AST): These are elevated when there’s liver injury.
Total protein: Your liver makes protein and has many functions including supporting your immune system.
Total Bilirubin: Bilirubin is produced when red blood cells break down and need to be removed from your blood stream.
Albumin: made by your liver helping to maintain tissue growth and repair.
- Location: Hoan My Thu Duc International Hospital
- Working Hours: 7am – 12pm, every day of the week
- Gender: Both Male And Female
- Sample Type: Blood Draw
- Catergory: Liver
- Report Availability: 4 Hours
Who Should Take This Test?
– Individuals having liver disease or hepatitis infection.
– Individuals drinking alcohol excessively.
– Overweight or obese individuals with high blood pressure and diabetes.
– Individuals with a family history of liver disease or those undergoing medication harmful to the liver, etc.
Preparing for Your Visit
Please bring proper identification for your outpatient laboratory appointment. Hoan My laboratories require us to ask for patient identification at the time of registration. Please note without this identification your appointment will be delayed until you provide the correct identification. Patients can bring one of the following to use as acceptable forms of identification.