REGULATORY AFFAIRS DIRECTOR
The Regulatory Affairs Director will work alongside the HMC Group legal and compliance team and reports directly to the Group CEO of HMC Group. The Regulatory Affairs Director shall be responsible for all aspects of the HMC Group’s government relations and engagement with the community. Responsibilities include legislative analysis, development of a public policy agenda and strategy, direct lobbying, and representing all assets of HMC Group in meetings with government entities and advocacy groups. In particular, the Regulatory Affairs Director must have a good understanding of all aspects of the healthcare sector and compliance with the regulations issued by the relevant Ministries in Vietnam concerning matters such as, including and not limited to medical, safety, land and construction matters.
- Assess and determine any existing non-compliance regulatory matters, understand and report their implications to the Group CEO, and other relevant key personnel, and originate an action plan/solution to rectify such matters, including and not limited to proactively seeking opinions from the relevant authorities, guiding and following up with the relevant hospitals, and tracking the implementation of the action plan.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory matters is maintained with federal and local lobbying disclosures and ethics rules.
- Proactively contribute to the delivery of HMC Group’s fast-paced business by partnering with business colleagues through active engagement in regulatory matters including providing advice and technical assistance on government issues as needed.
- Assist in drafting policies, guidelines, and other necessary documents to promote best practices concerning regulatory matters, as needed, and educate internal audiences of HMC Group on the same.
- Develop and lead regulatory compliance and corporate governance programs as required (alongside the HMC Group legal and compliance team) Works with the Group CEO, and key personnel to build and implement a proactive government and community relations effort, as well as provide strategic recommendations to enhance and support to enable HMC Group priorities and strategic plans to be achieved.
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of the government & community relations annual plans and budget, the development of hospital policy with respect to government relations, and directing the work of staff on government and community relations projects and events.
- Research and monitor government legislation and policies that could affect the organization’s business and clients, and direct strategic initiatives related to government, employment law, immigration, and healthcare.
- Serve as liaison and develop and maintain positive relationships and regular communication with a significant network of elected officials at the city, county, and government oversight organizations, as well as key influencers in the community.
- Engage in joint planning and evaluation of community initiatives, sponsorships and communications with the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Plan the budget for government relations activities.
- Assist in and take responsibility for other duties and special projects as requested by the Group CEO or General Counsel of the Clermont Group.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in government relations and/or public communication in a professional environment required.
- Strong government contacts and connections at the local, state, and federal levels are preferred.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and execute tangible results, using strong problem-solving and presentation skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Good problem-solving skills and demonstrated grasp of business and regulatory processes.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask multiple priorities simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Extensive experience managing and fostering long-term relationships with a broad spectrum of stakeholders.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills (English and Vietnamese).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Office) HRIS systems, and other databases.
- Familiar with the policies and procedures of the Ministry of Health and the Department of Investment and Trade.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience within a Regulatory Affairs role in a multinational corporation, within a healthcare sector.
- Good working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations of Vietnam.
- Relevant knowledge of the healthcare sector.
- Bachelor’s degree required in political science, public affairs, public relations, communications.
- Energetic and passionate about the healthcare industry.
- Business acumen.
- Resource utilization.
- Excellent result oriented.
- Leading change.
- Ethics & values; integrity, fairness & transparency.
- Budget responsibility.
- Authority/Decision Making Level.
- Supervisory Responsibility.